Saturday 25 May 2013

My Skin Care Jackpot LUSH Buche de Noel

I've decided that since skincare seems to be on my mind a lot more than makeup these days, I would start a "My Skin Care Jackpot" series and feature a product or a brand that has made it into my "staples" beauty cabinet.

In order to qualify for the coveted spot in this feature the product/brand must meet the following criteria;

1. Product has been in the beauty routine for minimum of 30 days or has shown significant-visible results in a very short time period.
2. I am 100% comfortable recommending a product to family/friends/readers
3. Product has been either repurchased or will be repurchased shortly
4. Product does not contain "dangerous" ingredients (like phenol/parabens)
5. Product or brand is not ridiculously overpriced and is relatively accessible
*Exceptions may happen but only for very special cases!

The first episode of the Jackpot products features LUSH's Buche de Noel Seasonal Cleanser

LUSH Buche de Noel

I know what you are thinking - first product in the Skincare feature and she is already breaking the guidelines she is suppose to follow! It might seem that way but I will do my best to argue my way into the "exceptions list" and hopefully change your perception :-)

1. Buche de Noel is a cleanser released by the LUSH chain usually around the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays and is available for purchase both in-store and online (albeit for a limited time period). Personally i always purchase 2 pots of this since i am always paranoid that it will sell out quickly. One black pot lasts a lot longer than 30 days and if i ration this yummy paste I have been known to make it last all the way to February. The amazing LUSH staff is very helpful and it was through one of them that i discovered that Buche de Noel can be be preserved in the freezer for many months after purchase (l opened my 2nd pot in June!)

2. LUSH cleansers have been used in our household quite regularly and I would be more than comfortable to recommend it to everyone - young and old.The available ingrediant list is very straight forward so potential allergy reactions can be prevented by scanning the short list on the pot

3. I have repurchased this cleanser for at least 2-3 years now and I will definitively be buying it again this Christmas.

4. LUSH makes handmade skincare for both face and body, using premium natural ingredients that the whole family can be comfortable using!

Quantitative Ingredients;
Ground Almonds, Kaolin, Glycerine, Fresh Satsumas, Dried Cranberries, Cocoa Butter, Brandy, Almond Essential Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Linalool, Cinnamal, Perfume, Nori Seaweed, Candy Pine Tree

5. Buche de Noel is actually one of the lower priced cleansers LUSH has to offer - the average being around $8-9 in Canada and even though its not available for purchase year round, extras can be preserved in the freezer and used much-much later on

LUSH Buche de Noel
I distinctly remember this being a complete impulse purchase, spurred no doubt by the holiday excitement, yummy comforting scent and the fact that I was really-really hungry.

Most people compare this to Angels on Bare Skin and i will agree that they are definitively related but i think at best they may be cousins...The texture is similar of course but the Buche de Noel is definitively more gritty and smells so-so-so much better. Just like ABS this cleanser is kind of messy to use but practice helps so after a few tries i am becoming a pro. A pinch in the palm of my hand, mixed with a few drops of warm water combines to create an oatmeal like paste which can be applied directly on the face and massaged in with gentle circular motion. I love how easy it is to rinse off - after only a few splashes of water, my skin is left feeling clean, smooth, plumped and radiant. Buche de Noel does have light exfoliating properties due to texture however in my opinion its not a replacement for a facial scrub especially since its meant to be used daily.
Bonus points for this LUSH formula is that it reminds me of another staple in my skin care cabinet - Dr.Hauschka's Cleansing Cream! I like the scent of both but LUSH is the clear winner.

LUSH products can be purchased here!

Now its your turn! What has your experience been with LUSH skin care?
What do you think - should LUSH make this a permanent year-round product?

XOXO

ANJA

1 comment:

  1. I have mixed feelings about solid cleansers.

    lushobsessed.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete