Saturday 25 May 2013

Skin Care Jack Pot - Decleor Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm

Decleor Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm


I will start off this review by saying that i was not a fan of Decleor or Darphin skincare prior to trying this! Its not that i thought they were bad but since they are not readily available to me I passed on purchasing, fearing that i will end up with yet another item i have to hunt down (Chantecaille i am looking at you!). My plan was foiled by an innocent Christmas gift from a dear friend who obsesses over skincare almost as much as i do :)

Upon opening the jar, the first thing i noticed was the lovely scent that immediately stood out as very natural (nothing artificial here) and uber relaxing! My excitement was broken as soon as i touched the cream surface - it felt kind of greasy and almost grainy on my fingers. Texture is very important to me when it comes to skincare - i don't like anything heavy, greasy, filmy and "silikony". In fact if the texture is not to my liking, chances are that no matter how good a product is I will eventually stop using it once the novelty wears off.

The disappointment over the night balm was evident but thankfully short-lived :) Once i allowed it to melt in my hand, I patted it on all over my face and gently rubbed it in (all the while enjoying the scent). It absorbed fairly quickly and after 10 minutes it was undetectable on my face even though my skin felt so moisturized and plumped. Even though my skin is mostly combination I have some dry patches on my cheeks and lip area - this balm takes care of that every single time and even better most nights i am able to skip the additional night cream! In the morning i wake up with fresh, glowy and CALM skin - no blotches, grease or puffiness!

The full size jar is huge and will last a very long time (at least a year!) since all you need is a tiny bit to cover your fingers. The sample tubes are also very convenient to those of us who don't like the possibility of contamination but a spatula can solve that problem easily. Decleor does recommend the oil and balm to be layered each night but i almost feel that would be too much...however i already ordered a bottle so the jury is still out :)

Ingredients;
Neroli and Rose Essential Oils, Camomile Essential Oil, Almond and Blackcurrant Plant Oils.

Decleor Rose D'Orient ($73) and other Decleor products can be purchased here

How do you feel about Aromatherapy and Skincare together?

XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment