Saturday 25 May 2013

Skincare Galore Part 1

Before I blow your mind with all these skin care products I want to clarify right away that I am not using all-of-these, all-at-once but rather this is kind of a collection of things that I like right now! I am pretty sure if I use all of this at the same time would cause my face to fall off, completely defeating the purpose of using them in the first place :-)

The other thing you need to know is that my skin is very sensitive, very annoying, sometimes dry-other times oily, mild rosacea on the cheeks and crater-like pores...basically it has multiple personalities and needs to be on "medication" all the time! If I am completely honest I have to admit that even on "medication" my skin is completely unruly and is constantly threatening to revolt. I am have been working on a cease-fire for years now.

With that I present you with some skin care that has helped during negotiations (for me anyways!)


Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (now that's a name!)
- I have started using balm cleansers only in the past year and out of all the ones I tried this one always came out on top. I had a hard time at the beginning mostly because I felt like I needed "bubbles" to feel clean - rubbing "butter" on my face just freaked me out too much so my commitment at first was lapsing for sure. Once I got over myself I fell in love and discovered that I didn't need to switch into hyper drive to slap on moisturizer right after cleansing! My skin didn't feel tight, uncomfortable, dry or itchy after rinsing which made my whole beauty routine so much more enjoyable. Plus the Moringa scent alone is enough to get brownie points from me

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Protective Recovery Complex (the long name pattern continues!)
- I dismissed this product and Estee Lauder in general for years. It was a brand my grandmother used plus the brown esthetic didn't appeal to the deep-rooted girliness in me (packaging is how I get suckered into purchasing things!). However once I tried it I was hooked - I do stray from time to time but always come back to this! Full review to follow!

By Terry Baume de Rose Multi-Protective Nutri-Regenerating SPF15 Balm
- It smells like roses, baby pink sheen, deep moisture, luxury jar...I love this so much despite the price tag and will be ready to justify the cost in a lengthy review!

Decleor Aroma Night Ylang-Ylang Purifying Night Balm
- This is something I use whenever I feel my skin is more congested than usual and 99% of the time it solves any problem I throw at it. For me it even works as a spot treatment but more on that later on...

Philosophy The Micro delivery Exfoliating Wash
- The only Philosophy skincare product that has ever worked for me and you will learn how and why in the soon-to-be revealed review!

Thank you for reading - I encourage nosiness so ask away :-)

XOXO

ANJA

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Glownar

    ReplyDelete