Monday 15 July 2013

Review - Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe + Millenium Rose

Kerastase logo


Remember how proud I was of myself when I said that my beauty product obsession hasn't ventured too much in the hair care department? Unfortunately I am going to have to retract that statement and eat my words! 
The Moroccan Oil works amazingly well for me, I have very "good hair" and absolutely no reason to be switching or gala venting out there, looking for a new hair oil! At this point the only thing that is driving this "trying" phase is obsession, pretty bottles and scientific curiosity. Other than that I have zero justifications to offer you!

I appreciate good products and quality brands when it comes to any beauty field. Reputations and results are everything in the cosmetic industry so I have known about Kerastase for a while and heard nothing but good things. As someone who didn't dwell too much in to hair care I haven't tried too much from what they had to offer. Since their prices are somewhat on the "luxury" end I figured I would save the splurge on them for some disastrous hair emergency of my future. Obviously I caved before that happened and I am happy I did. 
Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe + Millenium Rose is a very  fancy name for a very fancy hair treatment oil elixir. 

Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe + Millenium Rose

Official Description;
A new range of fragrance infused, custom-made oils for your specific hair needs. With just a few drops, hair looks shiny and soft thanks to the nourishing properties of Kérastase ELIXIR ULTIME.

Versatile beautifying oil for fine and sensitised hair, enriched with the Oléo-Complexe and Millenium Rose. Enriched with Millenium Rose extracts, Kérastase ELIXIR ULTIME with Millenium Rose for Fine and Sensitized Hair helps protect fine hair against external aggressors. Infused with a delicate floral scent, with hints of fragrant freshness.

My limited knowledge of the Kerastase products and a serious lack of reading directions-skills led me to the wrong Elixir Ultime. My hair is very thick and the Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe + Millenium Rose is actually meant for fine, thin, sensitive hair. Essentially the oil I am working with is meant for the complete opposite of my hair type.
This little fact was discovered almost half-way into my bottle usage and I was stunned that this wasn't formulated to work for me. It's not suppose to be effective for my thick hair but surprisingly it works amazingly and I actually prefer the lighter oil texture, especially now in the summertime. With just a few drops my hair is left soft, shiny, bouncy and even more manageable. The last factor is most likely attributed to the oil lightness meaning that as such it doesn't interfere with hair volume or style. 
I am a big fan of rosé scents so the "Millenium Rose" label was one of the deciding factors on which elixir I was to try, however this is probably the only disappointment about this product. The fragrance is definitively lovely and light so it won't interfere with any other perfume I choose to wear, but the promised rosé notes are barely detectable. 

Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe + Millenium RoseThe Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe + Millenium Rose delivers on a it's promises and may even substitute my trusted Moroccan Oil in the warmer months however due to its lightness I am skeptical about how it will perform in the winter when the air is even drier. As any other beauty blogger worth her lipstick I will update the review if my impressions change and this lovely purple bottle survives the wonders of Canadian Winters. 

I will admit that the Kerastase prices can be a little outlandish so even though I would happily recommend them, it is something to keep in my mind. I would in turn like to point that when it comes to the Elixirs the initial price point is a bit high for comfort but can be considered as hair insurance investment. The simple fact that you only need a few drops each time the Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe + Millenium Rose means that it will last a long time and therefore earn its price-point in the long run!
How is that for a recommendation and justification all at once? 

Kerastase Elixir Ultime and all of their products can be purchased through their website


Have you tried Kerastase yet? What is your favourite hair treatment oil?


XOXO

ANJA

P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want some more Princeza Beauty Musings, please consider following me through GFC, Bloglovin, Pinterest or Twitter! Insert "happy dance" here :-) 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Kerastase products
    . Their new series is actually providing good results to my hair.

    ReplyDelete