Friday 4 October 2013

The Unfortunate Holy Grail Mascara - Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill


I didn't want to like this mascara! I was hoping that my personal philosophy when it comes to high end mascara's would hold strong, after all who in their right mind would pay a shocking $30.00
for something that needed to be replaced every three months.

I firmly believe that mascara might seem understated and unassuming but it is one of the few classic makeup products that has the uncanny ability to make a huge impact on any look you might be striving for. 
It might not be as exciting as say a colorful palette or a sensual perfume but for me it's one of the essentials I always have in my makeup bags. I can't even imagine my made-up face without at least one slick coat of mascara and a few seconds with my eye curler. 

Defining your lashes, curling them and darkening their tone can do wonders for your overall appearance and lets not forget about it boosting your flirt appeal. There is a reason they say "eyes are windows to the soul"

Even though I am a loyal mascara user I am not keen on investing too much in some of the higher end formulas because I believe that their drugstore versions are more than comparable. The few expensive mascara's I used disappointed my expectations after which I turned to the many cheaper options readily available at the always accessible drugstore aisles. The only gripe I've had since this conversion is the annoying habit of companies discontinuing some of my favorites. However with the constant influx of new brands and new formulas coming in I always found something new to test out and look forward to! Replacing the tube every three months is something I could stick to without guilt especially since the investment was under $10.00 each time. 
The Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara landed on to my vanity as form of a birthday present and my skepticism was the understatement of the year. Surely, this fancy little tube is not going to bring much more to the table than my usual Maybelline

Official Description;
Dress the eyes with powerful, plush, separated, voluminous lashes. Fine, fluid Micro-fil™ technology creates intensely captivating lash texture. Micro waxes combined with a fineness agent allow for smooth and easy application, revealing weightless volume for lashes. As a final touch, the target-smooth agents coat each lash, creating uniform volume and texture from root to tip.

When I am wrong I have a hard time admitting it but eventually my pride wears out and then the truth just spills out! I am pretty much ready to eat my words now! 
The Eyes to Kill Mascara  (Steel Black) has blown away every single other formula I have ever used and for the first time I am finding myself rationing this luxe black tube during each use! Yes people it has come to that! 
Luckily all I need is one coat and my lashes get all the drama I lust after during those photo shopped and edited mascara ads. It defines and separates each lash with expert precision, holds the curl during the whole wear time, doesn't smudge or clump whatsoever and eliminates any fears I might have about the dreaded raccoon eyes at the end of the day! 

I was concerned that because of that kind of performance it might be hard to remove with my usual makeup removers but I nee-dent have worried! This ebony magic potion dissolves easily and completely even with just a simple swipe of micellar water
Perfection in a tube that just might kill my wallet come the three month mark! Unfortunately for me it's too late to go back to my mediocre selections of yesteryear - I am hooked! 

The new Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess mascara ads featuring Megan Fox have been out for some time now and I would be lying if I didn't admit I am tempted to give that one a try next time! I have a hard time believing that there is a better version of my new HG but then again who knows...



What do you think about higher end mascara's? Do you have a favorite - drugstore or department store? 

XOXO

ANJA


No comments:

Post a Comment